Despite what you might think, a bad balance is not something you are born with the difference between the rickety steps and sure-footed progress in practice. In fact, the easiest way to improve coordination is to stand. "It's a use it or lose it," said Julia Vale tour, program coordinator for the American Council on Exercise. "We are more and less active, and we, and our budget will likely deteriorate."
Why invest time in training to improve balance? It helps to improve the situation and stability in the spine, and athletic performance (you do not want to make a fool of yourself in the company of baseball, huh?), And prevent serious injuries. Older people with poor balance are more likely to falter, trip or fall while performing simple daily activities. In fact, in 1 3 adults 65 years and over fall each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These secretions can lead to some scary injuries to the brains, hips, legs and feet, and even damage to internal organs. Yikes.
How to improve your balance Training requires you to achieve a balance between all three planes of movement, "says Valley tour. In daily life and we work mostly in the plane saggital, or forward and backward, which is involved in everything we do from walking to raise the dumbbells. Improve the balance between private and strengthen your core, it is equally important to perform the exercises in the frontal plane (side to side movement) and the transverse plane (twisting). "If your focus is constantly evolving, so you need to stability is not located," said Round Valley.
Implementation of a specific number of repetitions for each exercise before moving on to the next. Complete this workout 2 to 3 times per week in non-consecutive days to achieve a better balance, stronger infrastructure and bring more stability to the spine.
Get stronger without doing the basic crunch!
1. Stability, lifting the leg and arm ball Sit on a stability ball, arms by your sides, feet planted wide on the ground for a good base. Lift the right leg and I present to you while raising your left arm shoulder height on your side. Return to starting position and repeat on the left, lift your left leg and right arm. Use slow movements and controlled to maintain your balance as you an alternative to raising 10 to 12 repetitions.
Make it difficult to put your left foot flat on the side of the Bosu ball with your right foot on the ground. Slowly raise your right leg and left arm as you did in the original practice of self-preservation, and return to the starting position. Then switch sides, and put your right foot on the Bosu and your left foot on the ground.
2. Dynamic balance leg swing Standing with arms by your sides, toes facing forward. Lift your right leg for up to 45 degrees, then slowly swing your leg behind you at about the same height. This one delegate. Keep swinging your leg back and forth for 10 repetitions before your legs.
Make it difficult to stand with your left arm straight and your right arm to your side. If you raise your right leg forward and lean your torso back so that your body is a straight line from your head makes your right foot. Leg as it swings back, lean your torso to the front line to keep. This one delegate. No 10 iterations before the two sides.
3. Equlibrium step-up knee Standing with arms by sides, feet hip display. Take a big step forward with your right leg and lift your left knee and hold for one breath. Put your left foot and step back with your left leg, lift your right knee and hold breath. This one delegate. No recurrence by 10 legs.
Make it more difficult rather than movement, hops from one leg to another. Starting from the left leg, step forward on your right foot and lift your left knee, and holding breath. Then hop back to your left foot and lift your right knee, and holding breath. Complete the exercise and the same hop, a jump from left to right.
4. Lunge Matrix Imagine yourself in the middle of the clock, compared with 12. Lunge forward with your right foot toward 12:00. Make sure your knees and feet point to the same knee and do not pass your toes.
Off the right leg and return to the starting position. Step back with right leg, this time turning your body and the rush at 1:00. Should be your head, chest and hips to be in the same direction as the front knee at all times throughout this process.
Off the right leg and return to the starting point, the front at 12:00. Rushed to repeat 2:00. At 3:00, and the performance of bolted side. Do not forget to return to the starting point after all rushed towards 12:00.
And 5:00 to 4:00, pivot on your shoulder on the right in the face of a rush behind you to do. At 6:00, a step backwards with your right foot to the rushed implementation of the reverse.
At 7:00 and 8:00, pivot on your left shoulder and carry out any longe, still occupies the top with your right foot. At 9:00, across the right leg over the left and the rush to the side.
Finish of 10:00 and 11:00 lunges that turns slightly left, and rushed forward with your right leg.
Reverse this step, and with your left leg.
5. Agility ladder drills This should be made to move with a quick exercise. Preserve the current pattern "in in in in out out" in mind, and if this is what your feet will have to do in regard to him during drilling.
On the left side of him, and presented, regardless of the display with the hip bend your knees slightly and ready to spring in the movement. In the opening of the first step of the ladder with your right foot (in), then step into the hole the same with your left foot (in).
Keep the left foot planted in the peace and directed by the right foot one step forward to peace along the square of the left foot (out). Capture the left foot and get on the box, so the weather is in line with the right foot (in). Seizing on the right foot and put it in the same box, the left (in).
Step outside the ladder with your left foot forward for the square footage of your right foot (out). Choose the right foot and get on the box, in line with the left foot (in). Grab your left foot and place in the same arena the right (in). Continue this pattern (in the gradual phase in) the length of the ladder